Tuesday, March 10, 2009

My President IS Black!!!










You know I must take the time out to give MAJOR shouts out of respect to MY president Barack Obama!!















I am soooooooo tired of people questioning whether or not President Obama "has what it takes"....






Disclaimer:

This is MY blog so everything you see here is strictly the opinion of Lauren Francille Williams and her alone!




















I remember election night clearly...I was at Belvedere (a popular club in Houston, TX) with my sister Barika and it was an amazing night! There was an electricity in the air like I have never experienced in my life. Usually when you go to clubs in Houston you will have people beefing or hating on each other for un-necessary reasons, but not THIS night. This night everyone was on one page, we came there for one particular reason...CELEBRATION!! On every screen in the club there were the updates for the evening...and I remember clear as day..."CNN Projects Obama as Presidential Winner" (or something of that nature) OMG!!!










And then it was official...Barack Obama Wins Presidential Election....










...I cried






So did others...







Was this the time our ancestors fought for and died for? It sure seemed like it!!






There a many things about that night, and some I don't...but I do remember this one statement President Obama made






.....he said I will make some mistakes (in adittion to some other things, clearly)





but that statement stuck out to me....





President Obama WILL make some mistakes, just as all of the leaders who have come before him have...I'm not even going to comment on George W. Bush, I'm just going to keep quiet...





I would just like to say that in all my 25 years of living...and especially the past 10 years where as I have been interested in politics I have NEVER been this proud...excited...pleased...did i say PROUD!!!







I remember before the election I bout a shirt that said "My President is Black"...and my daddy, being MY daddy (if you know him you know what I mean lol) said "Don't wear that shirt"...My response was, WHY NOT??? I mean it was a hit song at the time and it really made the youth of my generation PROUD!!! Just as the people in his generation may have been proud or willing to represent "BLACK POWER"!!!










I LOVE MY PRESIDENT!!!!










MY PRESIDENT IS BLACK!!!










HE IS HOPE FOR US!!!!












He will make mistakes, and may have already but I support Barack Obama 125%....there may come a time when I don't agree with a decision he may make....BUT HE IS MY PRESIDENT!!!!!









Peace and Blessings,





La















No comments:

Post a Comment